Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas #1 - The Floyd Fam

WOW... I am just now getting around to posting our Christmas pictures! Things have been just a tad busy around here for us! The biggest news is that we finally found a house in Little Rock - yay! We close on the 24th of January then are having a little bit of remodel work on it. Once that work is complete, then we will finally be making the big move. So bittersweet, but Reider and I are so ready to see Ben every day again! More updates and pictures coming on our move very soon...

But for now, I'll move on to our wonderful Christmas...

Christmas #1 was spent with my side of the family on Christmas Eve - we had a blast! It was Ben, Reid, myself, Doc, KK, Aunt NeeNee, and Uncle Craig. Is this not the most handsome little man who was SO VERY ready to open presents???


But first... before the present opening... we went to the Candlelight service at my parents church. And, as you can see, Reid has become VERY opinionated on the clothes that he wears and he was none to thrilled at his Christmas sweater I had picked out. These pictures are classic...



Yes, we are most definitely almost two! =)

Aunt NeeNee and Uncle Craig

Ben and I (Reid was still throwing a fit)


After the Christmas Eve service it was finally time to begin opening presents. It was so much fun this year to watch Reid get so excited and wide-eyed! He definitely understood the gift giving this year!

The first present Reider opened was full of "choo-choos"... yes, he is OBSESSED! Here is is trying to carry them all at the same time...

Then we figured it was time to bring out the BIG gift... Reid's new train table!!!


He ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! I have never heard the words "choo-choo" so many times in my life! He kept saying "Ho, ho, ho... choo-choos!!!"


Of course, after getting the train table, no other presents really mattered much to Reid... ha!

Reid and KK

More presents

...and back to the choo-choos!

Neely and I with our wedding boquets Mom and Dad had preserved...

The guys with their signed George W. Bush books

Mom and I with our blingin' new watches

It was a wonderful Christmas! We, of course, received way too much and are so very thankful! My favorite new toy has to be my ipad... LOVE IT! =)

After Reider went to bed and all the gifts were open... we began the task of setting up the train table. It only took 3 college grads 3 hours. Wow. (And maybe the wine didn't help!)

Yep... still working...

...by 1am, all the adults were playing with Reider's toys =)

...and the finished product that is providing MANY hours of entertainment for our little man...



We are so very thankful for our wonderful family and the sweet memories that were made! Looking forward to 2011!

No comments: