Sunday, May 24, 2009

Emergency Appendectomy

Just to give everyone a quick update of where we've been this week...  I woke up early Tuesday morning with a pain in my side that very quickly escalated by Tuesday afternoon.  Ben took me to urgent care where they gave me a huge shot in my side for the pain and immediately sent me to the ER.  Long story short, I went into surgery for an emergency appendectomy on Tuesday around midnight...  No fun at all, but everything went really well.  They got my appendix out before it ruptured, so we are very thankful about that. They kept me in the hospital for several days before releasing me on Thursday afternoon.  It feels so good to be back home in my own bed!!!  Our families and friends have been absolutely WONDERFUL...they have been helping us out with everything...we truly could not have done this without them!  Both Grandmas jumped into action to help out with Reid.  He, of course, is loving all the attention they lavish on him.  They would bring him up to the hospital during the days to hang out and nap with me, then he  would stay at their houses during the night since Ben was staying with me in the hospital.   All of our friends jumped in to help as well, and I think we have meals coming for the next several weeks...THANK YOU!!  Thank you for all of your notes, cards, and prayers...we truly appreciate it!  Please continue the prayers over the next several weeks...especially for Ben...  I am on lifting restrictions of no more than 10 pounds until my incisions heal.  Sweet Reid, obviously, blows that weight limit out of the water...so Ben is full-time caretaker of both Reid and myself right now.   He really does deserve Dad Of The Year award...he's been great!!!  While he's at work during the days, our Moms and friends come over to help.  I can still play with Reid, nap with him, and we can prop him up by my side to feed him...it's just the lifting and carrying around that I can't do.  All of that to say... we're doing great and I'm recovering really quickly.  Even made it to child dedication at church this morning (pictures coming tomorrow!)...  thanks again for all of the support!  More updates coming soon...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you are recovering well. And, hats of to Ben! He is a stud.

Meg said...

i am so so sorry for your surgery!! UGH surgery is no fun!! so glad though for all the support around you. i LOVE keeping up with pics of your boy...he could not be more precious!!