Thursday, May 28, 2009

Child Dedication

FOR THIS CHILD WE HAVE PRAYED, AND THE LORD HAS GRANTED WHAT WE ASKED OF HIM...SO NOW WE GIVE HIM TO THE LORD... 1 SAMUEL 1:27-28

On Sunday, May 24th, Keystone Church had Child Dedication Sunday...  Surgery, smurgery... there was no way in the world that I was missing this - what a special day for Reid and our family!  With a ton of help from Ben, I managed to get up, shower, and hobble my way through it =)  

Here we are with our pastor, Brandon Thomas, before the dedication...

Reid goofin' around with his Dad (as usual!)

Our family...love these two with all my heart!

With Jayme and Isabella Higgins...both Reid and Isabella were being dedicated during the 11am service - so special!  We definitely wished that Adalyn Reneau, Brielle McDaniel, and London Jones were there to join them, but they were dedicated in earlier services =)

Reid showin' off his Sunday duds...what a handsome little man, if I do say so myself!

Ben and I dedicating Reid...


A pic with all of our family that was able to be there - Gary Floyd (Doc), Karen Floyd (KK), Ben, Reid, Me, Carol Peterson (Grandma), Carl Peterson (Grandpa), (Aunt) Neely Floyd, and (Uncle) Craig Pedersen.  We definitely missed Uncle Joey, Aunt Candice, and Uncle Jeff!

...with my side of the fam...

With Ben's parents...

With the De La Portes!!!  Jason, Jen, Kylar, and Keagan... so glad that Keagan and Reid were dedicated together!

Great, great friends!!!  Jayme & Isabella, Jill & Shaun Hand, Susan Robertson (missing Grant and Mike!)

Jayme, Isabella, Myself, Jill, and Reid... Thanks for holding my little man, Jill!  (I am on mega lifting restrictions...) Love how he looks almost as big as Jill! 

Me and Jen...life-long friends...and hoping that Keag and Reid will be the same way!  (And, in case you couldn't tell... Reid was DONE! =)


After the Keystone service, our whole family came back to our house for some Babe's Chicken... All in all, it was such a fun and special day - one that we will always treasure!  We love you baby boy!!!

4 comments:

Lane and Cole and Reed said...

Love all the pictures. U look AMAZING as always & despite surgery! Reid is so so cute! We had babes chicken after our Reeds baptism - nothin like fried chicken after Sunday morning church! So southern! ;)

The Yan Clan said...

Holly, you look so great for 3 days post surgery! Can't even tell.

Such a blessing, as always to see your beautiful family! Congrats on Reid's dedication.

Molly said...

Isn't that the most incredible day to dedicate your child to the Lord! I mean, we know that you and Ben had already done so in your hearts...but to be able to share that commitment with your church, especially after all the prayers and waiting for this sweet man??? I mean, I just lose it on baby dedication with my kids. LOVE these pictures and glad you are doing well! Babes??? I think you must live close to my BIL and his wife! That's some good eatin'!

Kylie said...

what a special, special day! what a handsome boy you have!

you look beautiful! I'm so sorry about your surgery. :(