Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Weekend Full of Surprises!

This past weekend was a crazy one for us...full of so many SURPRISES!!!  By Sunday morning, I'm pretty sure I was only going on about 7 hours of sleep...but it was well worth it!

The weekend kicked off at The Wine Loft where we had the great honor of helping out with Jill and Grant's surprise 30th birthday.  Jill and Grant have grown up together since the 1st grade, so it was very fitting that we celebrated their birthdays together.  Their spouses, Shaun and Jayme, worked so hard to pull all of this together and everything went wonderfully.  There were over 60 people that came - some from their high school years, college years, church friends, CG group, family, and the list goes on...

Here's a pic of the AWESOME cake (www.opulentcakes.com) - which nearly did not survive the car ride with me...

A view of our party as it was getting started...

SURPRISE!!!  (I love this picture...they were so surprised and Grant even looks like he's crying!)

The birthday people with their cake and special glasses...

The birthday girl and I...

And there may, or may not have been, a 2ft x 10ft banner with pics of Grant and Jill from junior high =)

Shaun, Ben, Grant, and Eric (Grant's brother who flew all the way in from OH)

After a great party on Friday night... Shaun's "29th" (give or take a decade) was on Saturday.  Jill and Shaun had dinner plans with her parents, then they were headed over to Trulucks in Southlake... where, of course, Grant & Jayme, and Ben and I were all waiting for SURPRISE #2...

Ben and I waiting...

SURPRISE!!!  Happy birthday, Shaun!


Shaun's sweet wife, Jill, dropped cup cakes off at our house that afternoon so that we could bring them up to Trulucks...

What a fun night!  Grant, Jayme, Me, Ben, Shaun, and Jill

But...the weekend wasn't over...  On Sunday morning, we were up bright and early to go hear the FBC Keller Christmas program which my Mom was singing in (GREAT music!!!).  We unfortunately had to sneak out a few minutes early in order to make it back over to our church on time.  Then we finished off the weekend with birthday celebration #3... part two of my Mom's bday!  My whole family went out to eat at Babe's in Roanoke, then we headed up to Denton for the Selah concert (we got my Mom tickets for her bday).  It was a WONDERFUL evening!!!  But, I do have to say, that by the time Ben and I got home on Sunday night...WE CRASHED.  

That's all for now!  If you made it all the way through this never ending post of pictures, then you're a trooper!

No comments: