Monday, August 11, 2008

Highlights from the weekend...

1.  Saw Swing Vote on Friday night... surprisingly, it was one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a very long time.  Great political satire...I appreciated the fact that it didn't favor one political party over another...and it just had a really great message.  I know, I know...Kevin Costner was so 10 years ago...but I still highly recommend this movie...you've got to go see it!

2. The 2008 Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremonies...WOW!!!  Incredible...unbelievable...I don't have any words to describe it.  If you missed it for some reason...you've got to find a recording - it's amazing!

3.  The Olympics in general...LOVE THEM!!!  I haven't been able to pull myself away from the TV...I'm addicted!  I was definitely jumping up and down and screaming as loud as Michael Phelps was last night when the U.S. men's relay team pulled out that win for the Gold...take that you French...

4.  Saturday night at Fireside Pies...  Had a WONDERFUL time with some great friends - Shaun, Jill, Jayme, Grant, Angie, & Kyle...you guys are the greatest!!!  Always fun memories when we're all together...

5. Keystone Church - always a highlight of our week.  Check out this video from last weekend...powerful video about changed lives...


Red Cards from Keystone Church on Vimeo.

No comments: