Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter Weekend 2012

For Easter 2012, our little family of three headed to Dallas/Fort Worth for a weekend packed with fun family and friends!

On Friday night we had the opportunity to be with Ben's childhood/high school friends celebrating David Hepler's birthday and upcoming wedding (in Germany this June!). It was such a fun night of laughing and eating! David took a ton of pics that I will post as soon as I get them.

Then Saturday morning started off bright and early with Isabella Higgins' 3rd birthday party at ChicFilA. Everyone had a blast and it was so much fun to see our Texas friends!


Brielle, Keagan, Isabella & Reid

My Texas Girls!
(Tiff, Jayme, Jill, Me, Candace, Jen - missing Angie, Jen W, and Jenny F)

Keagan DeLaPorte & Reid = BFF

On Saturday afternoon, we got to spend time with some of my high school friends out at the Gaston home for Harper's 1st birthday party. It was so great getting to see everyone - it had been too long! Reid called it "the best party ever!" because Erin had provided unlimited mini-cupcakes for all of the kids. They were in heaven! I'm sad that I didn't get any pictures, but our 15 yr HS Reunion is coming up in May, so there will be many pics to come!

Then on Saturday evening, my parents hosted a BBQ out at their house for our TX friends and family. Such a fun night! We ate BBQ, let the kids run wild, and had an Easter Egg Hunt - I think everyone had a blast!

Here's Reider... trying to make everyone laugh, as usual =)

Getting ready for the egg hunt!

Did I mention the best part of the evening?? CONFETTI EGGS!!! A new tradition. Even the adults got in on the action!

Happy boy!

Then on Sunday morning before church, the Easter Bunny came to visit Reid. He had lots of fun surprises! Reid got Squinkies, candy, soccer ball, football, play-doh, sandbox toys, pool toys... and the list goes on!

He is risen, indeed! Happy Easter!

For You, oh Lord, have saved my soul.

No comments: