Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

This was my very first Mother's Day, and I cannot even describe the emotions that I have felt all weekend long!  I've cried (happy tears) multiple times per day at the mere thought that I AM ACTUALLY A MOMMY THIS YEAR!!!  God has blessed me with the most perfect baby boy...It still blow my mind!!!  God is so good, so faithful, and I am amazed every day that he completed our family so perfectly through the miracle of adoption.  For those that began reading our story late, our entire adoption process - from the time we were eligible (once our home study was complete)...to the time that Reid was born and home - was only 11 weeks long!  When we started the adoption process late last fall, I was not at all expecting the possibility that I might be celebrating Mother's Day 2009...If that's not a miracle, then I don't know what is!

Here's a picture with me and my little man from this afternoon...

We had a WONDERFUL weekend - Ben (and Reid, of course) definitely spoiled me!  Spent tons of time with our family and great, great friends.  Dinners, BBQs, lunches, golf, movies, hanging out... great, quality family time - and I truly treasure every minute of it.  And...my big Mother's Day present from Ben and Reid (not that I needed a present, of course) - is that a crew will be here tomorrow morning to totally re-landscape and clean up our yard...HALLELUJAH!!!  If you know me, I'm very picky about things like this and we just haven't had the time since we've moved into our new house to take care of it ourselves.  (Imagine that with a new baby and all!)  So I'm very thankful, and very excited to see the finished results!  I'll have to post some pictures of it later this week...

This Mother's Day was also very special to me, not because it was my first, but because for the first time I truly understand my own mother's love for me.  My mom is the greatest, strongest, most faithful, and best friend that I have.  I love her so very much and am so thankful for the example that she has set.  Here is a picture of Reid and I with "KK" while we were visiting Great-Grandmother's new house (she moved to Keller this week!)...

I am also very thankful for a WONDERFUL Mother-In-Law!  I truly couldn't ask for a better family to marry in to, and I have learned so much from her example of how to raise Godly men.  She is an amazing woman and I am proud to call her 'Mom' as well.  Here is a picture of Grandma with Ben and Reid...

And one final mother that I can't help but think about on this special day... is "S", Reid's birthmother.  I can't imagine the emotions she must be feeling today, but I am forever grateful that she entrusted this precious little life to our family.  Her selfless, loving sacrifice is something that very few people could ever understand.  'S' so lovingly welcomed Michael Reid into the world and cared for him those first 48 hours as only a birthmother could.  We thank the Lord every day for her faith, love, and ultimate sacrifice.  I wish that I could post a picture of her as well so that everyone could see how truly beautiful she is, but those are pictures for only Reid - and pictures that he will treasure!

To end this post, I want to wish a VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of the wonderful Moms and Moms-To-Be that I know... you all truly are amazing!  And, of course, I'll end with some pictures of the handsome little man...  I took these a few minutes ago on our way home...Reid and I were having a little conversation in the back seat of the car. =)



2 comments:

martha said...

I havebeen thinking about you all week, and thus S too. Was at a luncheon last weekend for Mercy House and hearing lots of borth mom's stories and seeing our girls...SO happy for you, for Reid and for S and praying for her esp this week. Thx for sharing Reid through your blog. He is scrumptious!

Beth Goff said...

He is precious!! Congrats on your FIRST Mother's Day!