Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Six Weeks Old!

Our baby boy is SIX WEEKS OLD today...WOW!!!  I know I say this all of the time...but we are just amazed at how quickly the time flies!  Reid is becoming more and more of a little man every day - we love him so much!  His best friend is still "Buddy" (the blue elephant)...but he's expanded his circle of friends to the mobile of animals above his bed.  Apparently, they are about the funniest things ever. =)  And, Reid is absolutely fascinated with his activity gym...he puts in a good workout about three to four times per day...he just kicks and kicks, and talks, and plays...he really works up a sweat!


We have also discovered that we have a tummy baby...this is FAVORITE way to sleep:
Now, before anyone goes turning me in to CPS... I KNOW that babies are only supposed to sleep on their backs these days.  Rest assured, we only let him sleep on his tummy when we are in the room with him and can keep an eye on him (or when Mom and Dad need him to sleep just ONE MORE hour in the mornings!).  But it is so cute!!!  He wants his little legs tucked up under him and his butt straight up in the air.

Here's a better angle of him from behind...you can really see how he tucks his legs and sticks up his bottom =)  (Sorry...all of these pics were taken with my cell phone...not great quality.)

And here's a picture of our morning routine while Mom is putting her make-up on...
Fat Jack used to lay where Reid currently sits, and was none too happy to give up his spot!  But...he's coming around and has decided to now park himself either right next to Ben's sink (as pictured) or directly IN Ben's sink. 

Our sweet boy is also smiling so much these days!  He even belly-laughs in his sleep, but hasn't figured out how to laugh out loud when he is awake yet.  Here's a picture of him waking up from a nap.  As soon as he sees me I get the best smile =)

And it's just HILARIOUS if I stick my tongue out...


Ben and I just can't believe how much Reid is growing and changing every day!  It's so much fun to watch and exciting to see what new things he learns every day.  We love you so much, little man!!!

This next week I may be MIA in blogland...  We have been (frantically) preparing for our vacation this week.  We leave for Maui THIS Saturday and won't be back until the next Friday.  We are so excited to be there...just dreading all of the packing and laundry that must happen by Friday evening.  But...we are going with some dear, dear friends that we lived with up in Minneapolis - it's been well over a year since we've all seen each other and we couldn't be more thrilled!!!  So...to the Bowlin fam, the Sannes fam, the Spettle fam, and Kyle... we will see you in just a few short days!!!  To everyone else...Aloha until next week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet p sleeps the exact same way- always has!!

Dave and Tara Harris said...

WHat a cutie! It really does go by sooo fast! But with each new phase, you fall in love with another part of who your little guy is growing into!!! And don't worry, Kate has ALWAYS been a tummy sleeper since birth (and I'm a newborn nurse!) She was so strong and could lift her head up from day one, so I wasn;t worried that she would suffocate. Hey, I can't fall asleep unless I'm on my tummy, so I know how some babies feel!!! :) Have fun on vacation. It'll be such great memories of your first family trip!!!

Molly said...

Okay, here's another nurse (and my hubby's a doctor) confessing to ALL 3 of my children being belly sleepers! No lie. I was the same way and didn't want our adoption agency to know at first. Now, we just come right out and fess up. I love seeing their buns in the air. Even my 3 year old loves seeing Sadie's bottom in the air when we check on her. And, she does it all of the time! Not just while we are in the room, oops!

Sweet smile pics, so glad you captured and shared those! Have fun on your trip.

Kylie said...

Looks like y'all are doing great! He is such a cutie!! Have fun on your trip- I'm jealous! :)

Sandi said...

Tummy sleepers rock!

David and Bethany said...

Love the pictures! I can't wait to hear his laugh sometime soon, too! Have a wonderful trip, and hope to see you soon after! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the pics! Those smiles are precious! And yes, all three of mine have also been tummy sleepers! They sleep better and longer, and so do we. (We survived it, right?) Hope you guys are having fun!