Since this is my first post, I thought I would start out by telling you a couple of random things about myself. Some are serious, some are not...just want to give you a better idea about who I am and what I do. In no particular order...here they are:
1. I have been married to my wonderful husband, Ben, for almost 7 years. He truly amazes me every day. We consider ourselves very lucky to have found each other because there's no one else in the world who could put up with either one of us... On more than one occasion we have definitely been described as an "overwhelming two-man show"... don't know if that's a good thing...but in any case, he is my best friend and I treasure our time together. Here he is...actually smiling for the camera...
2. My faith is the most important thing to me - it is what keeps me going on the worst of days. Even on my good days I know that my life looks nothing like the life of Jesus. Thankfully, I have a wonderful church family who lift each other up and support each other - Keystone Church. If you live in the area, you should check it out. I am blessed every day by these friends.
3. I am an organizational / clean freak. (I'm taking a moment right here for those friends and family that know me to gasp in utter disbelief.) I hang all of the clothes in my closet according to color and sleeve length. It drives me to mop every time I see little animal footprints all over our wood floors. I can walk into almost any room and immediately know if something has been moved...even if it's just the slightest turn of a picture frame. A little OCD? Maybe... But I'm not weird about it, if that's possible. I don't impose this OCD-ness on others (I don't think)... I'm working on it.
4. I love my job (and I really mean that...I'm not just saying it). I'm the Marketing Coordinator for WeAreTeachers where I have the opportunity to work with an amazing team of people who are paving a new road in the educational technology world. (I'm also paid to play on social networks like facebook, myspace, ning, twitter, and so forth - all from the comfort of my own home... Does it get any better than that???)
5. I would argue that McDonalds has better coffee than Starbucks. We've all just been suckered in by the marketing geniuses that Starbucks hired. Props.
6. I am "one of those" animal people. I have two boys...Johnny and Fat Jack (aka "The Boys"). Fat Jack is a 4 year old cat who already weighs 23 pounds...and growing. He's well on his way to full-blown diabetes. We've tried every animal diet the vet has to offer...even did the "South Beach Kitty Diet"...whatever that is. Sadly, nothing has worked..but Fat Jack is happy and doesn't seem to mind. (Side note here... Ben is NOT an animal person and definitely put a price tag on Fat Jack's life...we had to agree on a dollar amount that we would not go over for emergency vet visits after one of his diabetic attacks.) Fat Jack showin' off that belly...
7. My friend, Trey, once said that he judges people by their favorite movies... After hearing that, I realized that I also judge people on a criteria almost as ridiculous...I judge people based on what music they listen to. I am a self-confessed music snob. Music is one of my passions and it will take a whole other post (or two or three) to talk about that... BTW, if you're a music snob like me and you haven't been totally hooked on Pandora...you are missing out!
8. And, finally, my last random fact for today... I hold the record for the highest number of parking tickets ever issued to a single student at Baylor University. (Again, for those that know me...SHOCKER!!!) This is a true fact and, last time I heard, still mentioned in the freshman orientations. Not necessarily proud of that, but it is what it is... Do you think my car would still get the boot if I were to drive it on to campus today???
A big THANK YOU if you actually read all the way through this post to here...just realized it got pretty long. Sorry about that, friends...I'll work on keeping it shorter. In the mean time, let me know what some of your quirky/funny habits are...I like knowing that I'm not alone!